December 16, 2014

Review: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart. 

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind. 

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love. 

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart.

RATING: 5 STARS

“The heart always wins out over the mind. The heart, although reckless and suicidal and a masochist all on its own, always gets its way.”
I am SPEECHLESS! This book is amazing! Wauw! And yes, I actually had to get up and do a happy dance after finishing, because, though it is totally emotionally exhausting, it is SO amazing! 


This is the second time I read The Edge of Never and I still loved it as much as I did the first time. Even though I knew how it was going to end, it still had my heart in a death grip and I feared for the characters, I smiled and laughed with them, I loved them and I cried for them. I knew I would like this book before I even read the first page. The blurb caught my attention, the cover is stunning and it spoke to me!

“Everybody starts out as strangers.”

The writing was amazing and captivating. It was fast paced and flowed nicely, which is always a huge plus in my book. Camryn Bennett is a twenty-year-old girl who is already tired of the direction her life is taking. So she sets out on a trip to nowhere. On a bus she meets Andrew Parrish, who is a twenty-five-year-old guy traveling to see his dying father. The two get to know each other on this road trip, and decide to continue their trip together by car. I love road-trips, so this was the perfect book for me. During this trip Andrew and Camryn learn new things about each other and themselves. I loved watching Andrew push Camrym to live life to the fullest and be a better version of herself, who dared to take chances and speak up for what she wanted. It was truly beautiful and inspiring.

"Just remember to always be yourself and don’t be afraid to speak your mind or to dream out loud”

I really liked Camryn and Andrew as individuals, but I loved them as a couple. Before Camryn met Andrew she seemed a bit like a bitch to me. She seemed bored with life and unable to connect with her own emotions, but Andrew changed all that and brought out a whole new lovable girl. I loved that Camryn and Andrew weren't only lovers; they were also friends. So I both got to experience hot and swoony moments between them, but also moments where they made me smile and laugh because they were being so cute and funny. Their dynamic was perfect! Another thing I really liked was the little things that made these characters seem like real people. For example, Andrew loves his car and nobody touches his stereo, which is a total guy thing, BUT he also cries to The Notebook. How perfect is that?! I loved that Camryn sings along to The Civil Wars when she is alone, and that she doesn't like to be near a toilet when it flushes because of germs. All these little, seemingly insignificant, things made me truly connect with these two characters, because they seemed real. They are not two-dimensional, "perfect"characters that will bore you to death.

“You two were meant to be together. It's like some wicked fucking fairytale love story that you just can't make up, y'know?”

This book is an emotional rollercoaster. One minute you are laughing and having fun with the characters, and the next you truly fear for them and their relationship. The beginning is a bit slow, but trust me, it quickly gets better! I loved that it was written in dual-POV so we both got to experience the world through Andrew and Camryn's eyes. They experience everything differently, so it was amazing to read about. The ending was intense! I had a bad feeling while reading the last 100 pages, and I just knew that something bad was going to happen, but I couldn't guess what. It is really cleverly hidden. The second time reading it, I was aware of what "it" was, that I didn't knew the first time around. But I still couldn't get much out of the small clues left here and there in the book. The ending still took me by surprise, and I think that just shows how talented the author is.

“I want to do everything with you”

The book is a fun and cute read, but it also deals with rather deep and series issues, and I definitely didn't expect that so I was pleasantly surprised. Reading the book was like therapy for me. It was exhausting, but in the end I felt really good. I would recommend it to everybody! Because it is perfect! The end.

“For the first time in my life, I've felt whole, alive, free. You were the missing piece of my soul, the breath in my lungs, the blood in my veins.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment